About Flag City Truck & Equipment:
Flag City Truck & Equipment is a full line Mack, Hino and Fuso dealership serving all trucking needs from hard working class 3 all the way to the heaviest duty class 8 trucks. Our experienced sales team will match a truck to any customer’s needs. The factory trained service techs in our full-service facility will handle the toughest repairs on all years, makes and models. Our knowledgeable parts team stocks and delivers genuine Mack, Hino, Fuso and other OEM parts as well as a variety of aftermarket parts to exceed customers’ needs. The body and fabrication teams will replace, repair, and customize all equipment. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will provide reliable and timely diagnosis, repair and maintenance on heavy-duty trucks and vehicles.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Perform minor and major repairs on customer and fleet vehicles
- Complete inspections and preventive maintenance requirements
- Utilize key functions of Dealership Management System and electronic documentation available
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to Warranty Administrator
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction
- Other support duties as required to support operations
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, standing, bending, and squatting
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL – if not at time of hire, must be willing to obtain within a reasonable timeframe
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED
- Diesel Mechanic experience
- Certifications and continuing education classes
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Contact Jeremy Roszman, Service Manager